Summer is a busy and active time in the Mt Pleasant area, and a refreshingly cool home allows you to relax and enjoy the best of the season. Disruption due to a sudden air conditioner malfunction is aggravating, inconvenient, and stressful. Fortunately, it’s extremely simple to protect your cooling system from most common problems, maintain peak efficiency, and protect the comfort and health of your home. Through affordable, seasonal maintenance, the professional team from C&C Myers Heating & AC optimizes the condition of your equipment, allowing it to operate more dependably. The service requires very little time, is cost-effective, and gets your air conditioner ready to handle the upcoming heat and humidity.
The Importance Of Scheduled AC Service in Mt Pleasant
Reactive service can be very expensive. Once a system fails, repair costs are far greater than the minimal charge for regular maintenance. And even if your equipment seems to be operating without difficulty, over time, contaminants accumulate within the components, restricting airflow and insulating the coils. To reach desired temperatures, the system must work harder and longer, leading to longer run times and greater energy use. You’ll notice less comfort while paying higher utility bills. Seasonal tune-ups allow equipment to operate according to manufacturer’s specifications, increasing efficiency, reliability, and longevity.
Since 2000, C&C Myers Heating & AC has remained dedicated to keeping homeowners in Mt Pleasant and across Charleston, SC, Mt Pleasant, SC, Mount Pleasant, SC perfectly comfortable, without inflating prices. We strive always to bring long lasting solutions to your HVAC needs. Know that we never sell you a service you don’t need or fail to deliver the accurate service you require.
Some of the many benefits of annual troubleshooting from C&C Myers Heating & AC include:
- A simple filter replacement protects airflow through the system, and prevents a great deal of dust and contaminants from both polluting Indoor Air Quality and clogging the inner workings of your air conditioner.
- An enormous amount of air transfer is necessary to maintain a cool home. Airflow problems can degrade system efficiency by 15%.
- As dust accumulates and clogs the cooling system, airflow across the condenser coil diminishes. The condenser will be unable to perform properly, reducing the amount of heat that is rejected heat outdoors. You will no longer feel as comfortable in your home, despite thermostat settings.
- Dirty coils lead to improper operation, which will impact the compressor or fans, causing premature failure.
- A/C vents are a wonderful habitat for black mold. Unfortunately, this growth is perfectly positioned to spread harmful, airborne spores every time cooling is activated. Exposure to mold can lead to severe health problems.
- Mold growth can be a real problem. Moisture loving bacteria thrives in the inner workings of your cooling system, insulating the evaporator coil, clogging narrow air passages, and strangling system airflow.
- Aluminum fins on evaporator and condenser coils are rather sensitive and can easily become bent. Rather than promote airflow, a bent fin can actually restrict airflow through the coil.
- Algae absolutely loves to grow in the condensate drain of your air conditioner. Allowing it to thrive can result in a clogged drain line or trap. Condensate leakage or overflow can present real possibility of damage before it is finally noticed by homeowners.
- A clogged condensate drain is probably the cause of insufficient dehumidification. Excess moisture contributes to fatigue, discolored walls, mold growth, insects, and dust mites.
- Insufficient refrigerant charge is a common air conditioning problem. The manufacturer designed your equipment to operate with a predetermined charge of refrigerant gas. If this charge is not exact, or if refrigerant has leaked, insufficient cooling will result.
- The last thing you want on a hot summer day is the help of your heating system. The proper electrical control sequence makes sure that the heating system and cooling system cannot operate simultaneously.
- If air ducts are in poor condition, they rob your air conditioner of efficiency, oftentimes make a cool comfortable house an impossibility, and allow polluted air into the home. Having those ducts inspected in the spring to maximize summer enjoyment of your home.
- The thermostat is your key to precise comfort and energy savings. The functionality of the thermostat should be carefully checked every year.
- A complete inspection in the spring allows for concerns to be addressed, any necessary replacement parts ordered and installed, and inconveniences avoided during the hot summer season.
- Having the upkeep of your air conditioner managed by the Bryant Factory Authorized professionals from C&C Myers Heating & AC allows you to face the summer heat with confidence.